Many people have been prescribed an eye drop at some point in their lives. Many others have purchased some type of eye drops over-the-counter at the local drug store. It is important that our patients know and remember that ‘all eye drops are not created equal’! Knowing how and when to use your eye drops is critical to your eye health. Our clinic has created this section to answer some of the most common questions about using eye drops. If you have any further or specific questions about the use of eye drops, please contact our office.
- Always wash your hands before instilling eye drops
- Be sure to tilt your head back when instilling eye drops
- Place your index finger on your lower eyelid near your nose and pull or tug your eyelid to form a well
- Look up towards your eyebrow
- Be sure to hold the bottle far enough away from your eye that it does not touch your eye or your eyelashes